Travelling to India? You need to know how to get an Indian E Visa!
India, the land of many cultures, requires an E Visa for you to enter the country. A procedure that can be filled up by you alone!
To be clear, an indian E Visa is not the same as Indian Visa On Arrival. India does not offer a Visa on Arrival, so please do not be confused.
How to get an Indian E Visa?
1. Log on to indianvisaonline.gov.in with at least 4 days in hand before your intended date of travel. Example if you hope to travel on 10th Jan, make sure you’re applying on 5th or 6th Jan.
2. Click on e-Tourist Visa Application – fill in your details, pay the Indian E Visa fee and hang tight for a few days, you’ll get an email from the Indian Immigration department.
Things to keep in mind –
1. You need to carry a copy of eTV at the time of travel.
2. Visa validity is 30 days from the date of arrival in the country (note – it’s not date of issue).
3. You must be entering India through one of the following airports – Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum & Varanasi. You can exit from wherever.
4. The Visa is single entry only!
Some more points as per the Indian Immigration Office -
1. International Travellers with the sole objective of visiting India for recreation, medical treatment, or casual business visit.
2. Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
Read up from the website in detail here.
Citizens of the following countries are eligible for getting an Indian E Visa -
Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Island,Chile, China, China- SAR Hongkong, China- SAR Macau, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand,Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Russia, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam.
Hope this helps in answering how to get an Indian e visa!
While you’re here, make sure you check out some awesome walking tours with SeekSherpa. You can also call them at +91-9643982934.